Seasons 52 is a national restaurant whose seasonal menu changes weekly (hence the 52, get it?) Another thing they are known for is that everything on their menu is under 475 calories. Yippee! The restaurants all have a local flavor making this a great place for a work meeting or a place for a special celebration.
Because Seasons 52 is health conscious with their calorie count, it seems only natural for the Seasons 52 Gluten Free Menu to be full of good choices. They have a special menu called ‘Gluten Sensitive Menu’ and they want to be clear with diners that while they offer gluten free dishes, they are not a gluten free kitchen facility.
I have been to the Seasons 52 Santa Monica location now several times both for lunch and dinner and feel good about giving it a solid gluten free menu review. Here’s a look at their menu.
Seasons 52 Gluten Free Menu
This is what was available at the time I went:
- Summer Corn Soup – request without breadsticks
- Roasted Tomato Soup – request without cheese straw
- Tuna & Avocado Sushi Roll
- Oak-Grilled Marine Lobster Tail
- Warm Roasted Olives
- Tomato & Hass Avocado – request without grilled bruschetta
- Organic Field Greens
- Organic Baby Spinach
- Kalmnos Greek
- Sesame Grilled Salmon
- Oak-Grilled Beef, Chicken Breast, or Market Fish – request plain with salt & pepper
- Grilled Boneless Rainbow Trout
- Carmelized Grilled Sea Scallops – request no risottos
- Cedar Plank Atlantic Salmon
- Wood-Roasted Pork Tenderloin (request withouth onion sauce and seasoning)
Sandwiches (request without bun):
- Blackened Fish tacos – request lettuce cups in place of tortillas. request without mole sauce and without sour cream.
- Roasted Baby Carrots
- Crushed Potatoes
- Cremini Mushrooms
- Steamed Leaf Spinach
- Blueberries with lemon curd
- Raspberry Chocolate Chip Cannoli (request without shell)
I ordered the scallops with a side of steamed leaf spinach instead of the risotto. It was delicious, and probably more healthy too!
Overall I was very impressed with the Seasons 52 Gluten Free Menu offering. Because they are not a dedicated gluten free facility, they have done their homework and have all the proper warnings up and in place.
If you are gluten sensitive, I would give Seasons 52 my vote of confidence for your gluten free dining experience.